The Lands Department today (November 6) announced that the tender for the Murray Building site, Inland Lot No. 9036 at Cotton Tree Drive, Hong Kong, has been awarded to Smart Event Investments Limited (parent company: Harbour Centre Development Limited) on a 50-year land grant at a premium of $4.4 billion.
"Authority from the Central Tender Board was given to the Lands Department to award the site to the highest tenderer," a Lands Department spokesman said.
The tenderers, other than the successful tenderer, in alphabetical order with the name of the parent company where provided by the tenderer in brackets were:
(1) A & F Property Development Company Limited
(2) Best Vision Development Limited (Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited)
(3) Clear Gain Investments Limited (Regal Hotels International Holdings Limited)
(4) Concord Excellent Limited (Smart Launch Limited)
(5) Elite Prize Limited (Wisetop Plus Limited)
(6) Heaven Power Hotel (HK) Limited (Heaven Power Group (China) Limited)
(7) Land Favour Investments Limited (New World Hotels (Holdings) Limited)
(8) Magic Energy Limited (Great Eagle Holdings Limited)
(9) OUE Properties (Hong Kong) Co., Limited (OUE Limited)
(10) Prime Asia Inc Limited
(11) Shun Ho Real Estate Limited (Magnificent Estates Limited)
(12) Sky Vision Development Limited (Sino Land Company Limited, CSI Properties Limited, Empire Group Holdings Limited and Lai Sun Development Company Limited)
(13) Smart Tycoon Limited (Silver Era Limited)
(14) Star Bright Development Limited (Galaxy Entertainment Group Limited)
(15) Treasure King Investment Limited (Cheung Kong (Holdings) Limited)
(16) Ultimate Chance Investments Limited
(17) Victor Solution Limited (Dorsett Hospitality International Limited)
Inland Lot No. 9036 has a site area of about 6 330 square metres and is designated for hotel purposes. The existing building is not to be demolished and its maximum gross floor area that may be attained is 30 200 sq m.
Ends/Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Issued at HKT 18:08