The Civil Engineering and Development Department of Hong Kong and the Bureau of Public Works of Shenzhen Municipality today (May 31) jointly announced that from June 1 to July 5 finalist entries for the International Design Ideas Competition for Liantang/Heung Yuen Wai Boundary Control Point Passenger Terminal Building will be exhibited at 12 locations in Hong Kong and Shenzhen and displayed on the competition website.
A public opinion survey will be conducted at the same time to collect views on the finalist entries and assist in the selection of the awarded entries.
Launched on December 21, 2010, the competition has received an overwhelming response from entrants from all around the world. A total of 159 valid entries from various countries and regions were received.
The jury, led by the Head Juror, Professor He Jingtang of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, in the first round of adjudication in early May selected 10 finalist entries each from the Professional Group and the Open Group. Adjudication guidelines include aesthetics and creativity, harmonisation with the neighbourhood, environmental friendliness, functionality, effectiveness and buildability. To select the awarded entries, the jury will consolidate the collected public opinion in the second round of adjudication.
The finalist entries will be exhibited at 12 locations in Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Questionnaires will be distributed at the exhibition venues and collection boxes will be placed on-site. The public is invited to attend and submit their views on the entries. The public can also express their views on the finalist entries on the competition website, www.lthywbcp-design.hk, during the exhibition period.
The details of the roving exhibition are as follows:
1. June 1-10 1/F, Section B, Citizen's Centre
2. June 11-20 2/F, Shenzhen Library *
3. June 21-25 Lobby, 1/F, Municipal Planning
4. June 26-30 Lobby, 1/F, Municipal Office II
5. July 1-5 Lobby, 1/F, Port Office Building
1. June 1-6 Lobby, Luen Wo Hui Community Centre
2. June 1-7 Exhibition Gallery 3, G/F, Hong
Kong Central Library
3. June 7-9 Exhibition Gallery, 1/F, Sha Tin
4. June 13-16 Exhibition Gallery, 1/F, Tuen Mun
5. June 15-22 Lobby, G/F, Civil Engineering and
6. June 23-29 Exhibition Hall, 1/F, Lower Block,
Hong Kong City Hall
7. June 24-July 5 Thematic Exhibition Gallery, Hong
Kong Heritage Discovery Centre #
* Closed on Mondays # Closed on Thursdays
Ends/Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Issued at HKT 13:04