"Winning Entries of Revitalised Historic Buildings Instagram Photo Competition" roving exhibition to be launched (with photo)
The Commissioner for Heritage's Office of the Development Bureau (DEVB) will hold the "Winning Entries of Revitalised Historic Buildings Instagram Photo Competition" roving exhibition from August 6 to December 31, featuring winning entries of the photo competition themed on historic buildings under Batches I to III of the Revitalising Historic Buildings Through Partnership Scheme (Revitalisation Scheme).
"The Revitalisation Scheme aims to preserve government-owned historic buildings and put them into innovative use. The public response to the Instagram photo competition on historic buildings under the Revitalisation Scheme was overwhelming. We wish to allow more members of the public to appreciate the winning entries, encourage the public to visit the revitalised historic buildings and enhance public understanding of the Revitalisation Scheme through the roving exhibition," a spokesman for the DEVB said today (July 26).
The roving exhibition will be held at the following government venues, shopping malls and private museum:
* G/F, F11 Foto Museum, Happy Valley (August 6 to 20)
* Thematic Exhibition Gallery, Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre, Tsim Sha Tsui (August 7 to September 18)
* Lift lobby, G/F, D2 Place TWO, Lai Chi Kok (August 22 to September 21)
* S507, 5/F, Staunton, PMQ, Central (September 3 to 15)
* Event Hall, UG/F, Citywalk 2, Tsuen Wan (September 5 to 11)
* Stars Atrium, 1/F, Plaza Hollywood, Diamond Hill (September 27 to October 3)
* Covered Piazza, Times Square, Causeway Bay (October 28 to November 3)
* Lobby, 1/F, Immigration Tower, Wan Chai (December 1 to 31)
The roving exhibition will also be held at the following public libraries:
* Wong Nai Chung Public Library and Aberdeen Public Library (September 2 to 15)
* San Po Kong Public Library and Tung Chung Public Library (September 17 to 29)
* Tuen Mun Public Library and South Kwai Chung Public Library (October 1 to 15)
* Ngau Chi Wan Public Library and Shui Wo Street Public Library, Kwun Tong (October 17 to 30)
* Sheung Shui Public Library and Yuen Long Public Library (November 1 to 14)
* North Kwai Chung Public Library and Tsing Yi Public Library (November 16 to 28)
* Lai Chi Kok Public Library and Ma On Shan Public Library (December 1 to 15)
* Tseung Kwan O Public Library and Chai Wan Public Library (December 17 to 31)
The public can visit the historic buildings under Batches I to III of the Revitalisation Scheme during the designated opening hours and join their free guided tours on a first-come, first-served basis. During the event period, complimentary booklets on the exhibition will be available at these historic buildings under Revitalisation Scheme, exhibition venues, and various museums in the territory.
For details of the roving exhibition, please visit the heritage conservation website (www.heritage.gov.hk/en/whatsnew/events_61.htm) or call 2848 6230 for enquiries.
The historic buildings from Batches I to III of the Revitalisation Scheme are Savannah College of Art and Design (Hong Kong) (Former North Kowloon Magistracy), Tai O Heritage Hotel (Old Tai O Police Station), Hong Kong Baptist University School of Chinese Medicine - Lui Seng Chun (Lui Seng Chun), YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel (Mei Ho House), Jao Tsung-I Academy (Former Lai Chi Kok Hospital), Green Hub (Old Tai Po Police Station), Stone Houses Family Garden (Stone Houses), Viva Blue House (Blue House Cluster), Hong Kong News-Expo (Bridges Street Market), the HKFYG Leadership Institute (Former Fanling Magistracy) and Haw Par Music Farm (Haw Par Mansion).
Ends/Friday, July 26, 2019
Issued at HKT 11:10