Stage 1 Public Engagement on Enhancing Land Supply Strategy extended to end March
The Government today (February 4) announced that Stage 1 of the public engagement exercise for enhancing land supply strategy by reclamation outside Victoria Harbour and rock cavern development would be extended by one month to March 31.
A spokesman for the Development Bureau said that the Government had unveiled 25 possible reclamation sites in early January to facilitate the discussion on site selection criteria. Since then, there had been active discussion amongst the stakeholders and an increasing number of views were received from the public. In order to allow more time to collect views for deliberation, the Government has decided to extend the Stage 1 consultation period by one month.
"In the remaining period of the Stage 1 Public Engagement, we will conduct public forums, roving exhibitions, face-to-face interviews, and a telephone poll with a view to soliciting views on enhancing land supply options, the guiding principles, and the site selection criteria," he said.
Latest update on the frequently asked questions and the public engagement activities are available on the study website (http://www.landsupply.hk/). Members of the public may register online for the activities, submit online questionnaires and voice their opinions in the e-discussion forum.
Ends/Saturday, February 4, 2012
Issued at HKT 16:01