Background and Categories of Award
1. Since 1995, Development Bureau (DEVB) has been organizing the Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme (the Scheme) to promote a considerate attitude and good site safety, health and environmental practices for both Public Works and non-Public Works sites. Starting from 2011, the Scheme is co-organised by DEVB and the Construction Industry Council (CIC).
2. The categories of award for Public Works and Non-Public Works sites under the 24th Scheme are as follows :
Participation in the OEMPA is optional. Participants shall indicate whether they wish to be considered for this category of award.
The appraisal period of the 24th Scheme will be between 1 April and 31 December 2017.
1 Group A contracts are those developments associated with the public bodies such as Airport Authority, CLP Power Hong Kong Limited, Hong Kong Housing Authority, Hong Kong Housing Society, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hospital Authority, MTR Corporation Limited, Hong Kong Electric Company Limited, Urban Renewal Authority, etc.
2 Group B contracts are those other than Group A.
Nomination for Entries
3. Nomination for entries shall be on contract basis except for MRM Works which shall be on contractor basis. Main contractors of all construction sites in Hong Kong are welcome to join the 24th Scheme.
For New Works, the nominated contracts shall have active construction works undertaken during the appraisal period (from 1 April to 31 December 2017). For RMAA Works, the construction period shall last for at least 6 months in the appraisal period. For MRM Works, the contractors shall be registered as “Registered Minor Works Contractors” recognised by the Building Department, and each contractor can only submit one entry for a site involving no more than 10 workers and with active works within the appraisal period (no restriction on the duration of works).
The Guidelines and nomination forms for Public Works Site Participation and Non-Public Works Site Participation are available- below, as well as Construction Safety Week website at http://www.safetyweek.hk/.
4. Assessment of the site performance shall be conducted by the site representative of the client/employer, and representatives from the Works Departments, DEVB or CIC based on the following criteria: -
Considerate Contractors Site Awards
Outstanding Environmental Management and Performance Awards
Model Worker Awards and the Best Model Worker Award
If a contractor is granted a Considerate Contractors Site Award, its nominated model worker will be given a Model Worker Award who will also be eligible for selection for the Best Model Worker Award.
Model Frontline Supervisor Awards and the Best Model Frontline Supervisor Award
If a contractor is granted a Considerate Contractors Site Award, its nominated model frontline supervisor will be given the Model Frontline Supervisor Award who will also be eligible for selection for the Best Model Frontline Supervisor Award.
Model Subcontractor Awards
The nominated subcontractor must have executed substantial amount of works during the appraisal period.
5. Upon the expiry of the appraisal period, DEVB/ CIC will form assessment panels to evaluate the performance of each entry.
6. An award ceremony will be organised by DEVB and CIC to present the awards to the winning entries.
7. A briefing session on the 24th Scheme has been scheduled for 7th March 2017 in Leighton Hill Community Hall, 133 Wong Nai Chung Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong at 3:30 pm. Interested parties are welcome to attend the above briefing session.
Documents for downloading