Nomination deadline : 30 April 2021
Background and Categories of Award
1. Since 1995, Development Bureau (DEVB) has been organizing the Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme (the CCSAS) to promote a considerate attitude and good site safety, health and environmental practices for both Public Works and non-Public Works sites. Starting from 2011, the CCSAS is co-organised by DEVB and the Construction Industry Council (CIC).
2. The categories of award for Public Works and Non-Public Works sites under the 28th CCSAS are as follows -
Participation in the OEMPA or IASEE is optional. Participants shall indicate whether they wish to be considered for these categories of awards.
The appraisal period of the 28th CCSAS will be between 1 April and 31 December 2021.
1 Group A contracts are those developments associated with the public bodies such as Airport Authority, CLP Power Hong Kong Limited, Hong Kong Housing Authority, Hong Kong Housing Society, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hospital Authority, MTR Corporation Limited, Hong Kong Electric Company Limited, Urban Renewal Authority etc., or non-works Department of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
2 Group B contracts are those other than Group A.
Nomination for Entries
3. Nomination for entries shall be on contract basis except for MRM Works which shall be on contractor basis. Main contractors of all construction sites in Hong Kong are welcome to join the 28th CCSAS.
For New Works, the nominated contracts shall have active construction works undertaken during the appraisal period (from 1 April to 31 December 2021). For RMAA Works, the construction period shall last for at least 6 months in the appraisal period. For MRM Works, the contractors shall be registered as “Registered Minor Works Contractors” recognised by the Building Department, and each contractor can only submit one entry for a site involving no more than 10 workers and with active works within the appraisal period (no restriction on the duration of works).
The Guidelines and nomination forms for Public Works Site Participation and Non-Public Works Site Participation are available below, as well as Construction Safety Week website at https://www.safetyweek.hk/.
4. Assessment of the site performance shall be conducted by the site representative of the client/employer, and representatives from the Works Departments, DEVB or CIC based on the following criteria -
Considerate Contractors Site Awards
Outstanding Environmental Management and Performance Awards
Innovation Awards for Safety and Environmental Excellence
Model Worker Awards and the Best Model Worker Award
If a contractor is granted a Considerate Contractors Site Award, OEMPA and/or IASEE, its nominated model worker will be given a Model Worker Award who will also be eligible for selection for the Best Model Worker Award.
Model Frontline Supervisor Awards and the Best Model Frontline Supervisor Award
If a contractor is granted a Considerate Contractors Site Award, OEMPA and/or IASEE, its nominated model frontline supervisor will be given the Model Frontline Supervisor Award who will also be eligible for selection for the Best Model Frontline Supervisor Award.
Model Subcontractor Awards
If a contractor is granted a Considerate Contractors Site Award, OEMPA and/or IASEE, the contractor can nominate a subcontractor for consideration of the Model Subcontractor Award. The nominated subcontractor must have carried out active construction works with sufficient duration to demonstrate its outstanding site safety and environmental performance during the appraisal period.
Model Subcontractor Frontline Supervisor Awards and the Best Model Subcontractor Frontline Supervisor Award
If a contractor is granted a Considerate Contractors Site Award, OEMPA and/or IASEE, the contractor can nominate a subcontractor frontline supervisor for consideration of the Model Subcontractor Frontline Supervisor Award, who will also be eligible for selection for the Best Model Subcontractor Frontline Supervisor Award.
5. Upon the expiry of the appraisal period, DEVB/CIC will form assessment panels to evaluate the performance of the entries.
6. An award ceremony will be organised by DEVB and CIC to present the awards to the winning entries.
7. For further enquiries, please contact Mr Kevin LEUNG at 2829 4577 or at e-mail address [email protected].
Documents for downloading
Construction Industry Council